Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beauty in the bay

Yesterday started with a bang!  I woke up at 6:30am (that is Boise 4:30, but it was light out).  Everybody else was snoozing away, so I jumped out of bed, cereal for breakfast and headed for the exercise room.  You get sweaty easily in this humidity, but it felt good.  Still nobody was up when I got back, so I leisurely read the paper, and did my lesson for the counseling class we are taking at The Pursuit.  It was so good that I had to read it to Letty in our devotions.

Everybody finally got going (about noon) and we hit the pool for some serious sunning - everybody except me.  I am so fair skinned that I have been accused of having mayonnaise legs!  So I do work on my legs a bit, but my tummy and back are white plus.  Pretty soon music started up poolside.  Caribbean type music (or maybe it was South Carolinian).  Before long, it was announced there would be free sundies or root beer floats.  Letty and I sat on a swing eating them and watching a great egret snacking on fish out in the marsh.  Next came a water melon contest ( for the young at heart and flat of belly).  We did get a piece as they passed around the remnants.

We decided our evening entertainment would be a boat ride out into the bay to watch dolphins play and a beautiful sunset.  It was a big boat - 80 feet - lots of people - cool breeze - fiery red sun that descending over the distant shoreline.  The thing that was eye opening was the affluence - shore lined with mansion after mansion after mansion.  We came back just at dark - a wonderful evening.  Of course, the evening ended with the Dallas-Miami NBA game.  My kids strongly lean toward Dallas, who won to even the series.

Today started with another workout.  We are now trying to lose our added vacation weight.  It appears to be another pool day.  I may risk the water today - blinding everyone poolside with the sun reflecting off my body!
Our best to y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment