Friday, June 17, 2011

Westward Ho

We left my brothers house @ 8:20am and started driving west through Pennsylvania.  and we drove and we drove and we drove, and we finally got to Ohio, and we drove and we drove, and we finally got to Indiana, and we drove and we drove, and finally reached Mishawaka!  And where is that?  It is where we are staying after driving for 11 hours today!  Actually, it is immediately east of South Bend, home of Notre Dame.  We decided to go eat at Applebee's.  I had my BSU shirt on - the hostess said, "I know where that is.  I almost decided to go there next year.  But I am going to Old Miss instead."  We weren't able to get her to change her mind. I told her she could root for Mississippi when we play them in a couple of years, but we would beat them. The kitchen left the mandarin oranges and pineapple out of my Paradise Salad, so I got a freebie.


Tomorrow we get to drive through Chicago on our way through Madison, WI, on our way through Minneapolis, MN, on our way to our family cabin near Alexandria, MN.  I hope Saturday am traffic in the Windy City isn't too bad.  As I sit here typing, my body is still rolling as though I am in the car bouncing over the bumps in the Interstates. 

Pennsylvania is all mountains (big hills) and trees.  The land started to flatten out as we proceeded into Ohio.  We finally came to lush farms, every one having a grain silo.  Neat and clean!  And  the same farmland appeared in Indiana.  It was so good to see something beside trees along the highways.
My eyes are watering and I can barely see the screen.  I guess I will go to bed so I can get up tomorrow and drive, drive, drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment